Framing a puzzle picture can be a rewarding way to display your hard work. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Complete the Puzzle
- Make sure you have a flat surface that’s big enough for your puzzle.
- Complete the puzzle fully.
Seal the Puzzle
- You’ll need to secure the puzzle pieces together. This can be done using puzzle glue or clear adhesive.
- Apply the glue carefully over the entire surface. Use a spreader or a piece of cardboard to spread it evenly.
- Allow the glue to dry completely as per the instructions on the glue package.
Prepare the Frame
- Choose a frame that fits your puzzle. Note that you’ll need a frame that can accommodate the thickness of the puzzle, not just a regular photo frame.
- Remove the glass from the frame if you want the texture of the puzzle to be prominent, or leave the glass to protect the puzzle from dust.
Mount the Puzzle
- If the frame has a backer board, you can mount the puzzle directly onto it. If not, you may need to cut a piece of foam board or sturdy cardboard to size.
- Once the glue is dry, carefully transfer the puzzle onto the backer board. For larger puzzles, it may be helpful to use a rolling pin to roll over the surface to ensure it adheres fully.
Frame the Puzzle
- Carefully place the mounted puzzle into the frame. If you’re using the glass, clean it thoroughly before placing it over the puzzle.
- Secure the backer board with the frame’s clips or fasteners.
- If your frame does not have a built-in method for hanging, you may need to attach picture hanging hardware to the back of the frame.
Display Your Puzzle
- Choose a spot to hang or place your framed puzzle. Avoid areas with direct sunlight to prevent fading.
Remember, the most important part is to ensure that the puzzle is securely glued and mounted so that it doesn’t fall apart over time. Enjoy your beautifully framed puzzle picture!